Why Teachers Like Our Programs
- Both Introductory Physical Science and Force, Motion, and Energy provide suggestions for each experiment—including schedules, equipment lists, technical hints, safety precautions, and sample data and analysis — in a comprehensive Teacher's Guide and Resource Book.
- Our programs support teachers by providing solutions to all problems—including further insights and a variety of approaches, where appropriate—in the Teacher's Guide and Resource Book.
- SCI offers teachers the tools for a comprehensive evaluation of their students' progress—-including tests consisting of multiple choice and essay questions, as well as laboratory tests - in the Assessment Package.
- SCI enables teachers to interpret the source of their students' errors on multiple-choice tests with unique Diagnostic Analysis software.
- SCI offers a complete teacher-support system that includes professional development programs and workshops in which authors and veteran teachers provide opportunities for hands-on experience with all aspects of each course.
- SCI curriculum programs are flexible. Each textbook can be used as a stand-alone course or combined to create a comprehensive physical science program that meets the requirements of the National Science Education Standards as well as most state standards.
- Quality science teaching has been the cornerstone of SCI since the founding of the company. To support such teaching, five percent of your school’s purchases of copyrighted materials from us over the most recent three-year period will be credited toward tuition costs for teachers attending SCI-approved national or regional workshops.