IPS for the iPad, iPhone, and Mac! To connect to the Apple iTunes Bookstore for more information, to purchase the IPS ebook, or to download a free sample, click here.
The premier inquiry-based physical science textbook is now available for iPads, iPhones, and Mac computers! Schools, teachers, students, and parents can now purchase the Ninth Edition of Introductory Physical Science as an ebook from the iTunes Bookstore.
To facilitate teaching in mixed classrooms—that is, classrooms in which some students have hard-bound “physical” textbooks while others have electronic books—the IPS ebook has been formatted to maintain the look of the printed book. All of the features found in the published hard-bound textbook are present in the ebook, and more!
Features present in both the printed and electronic versions of IPS include...
- • An approach that models the scientific method rather than teaching it as an independent topic;
- • Experiments that have been thoroughly tested and work;
- • Lab investigations and activities that have been designed for both group and class-wide collaboration;
- • Figures that further the storyline of the course rather than distracting from it;
- • Comprehension Guide Questions (CGQs) to allow students to self-assess reading comprehension;
- • Formative assessment questions (in lighter yellow background at the ends of most sections)
- • More in-depth questions (in darker yellow background at the ends of most sections)
- • Review, Application, and Extension questions at the end of each chapter;
- • Short essay themes at the end of each chapter to promote writing skills.
In addition, with the Introductory Physical Science ebook, students can...
- • Utilize embedded links to “jump” to a specific part of the text;
- • Enlarge figures for more detailed study;
- • Quickly find the definitions of “new” words;
- • Highlight portions of the text (in a variety of colors!);
- • Attach notes to portions of the text;
- • Perform digital searches;
- • Bookmark pages;
- • Change the text font and font size.
Teachers – help relieve your students of the burden of overloaded backpacks!
Schools – encourage students to take their textbooks home with them!
Teachers, students, and other interested individuals can click here to preview or purchase the IPS ebook from the Apple iTunes Bookstore.
Schools interested in purchasing the IPS ebook for their students should enroll in Apple’s Volume Purchase Program.
iPad, iTunes, and the Volume Purchase Program are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.